Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scenic Train Ride to Gosford, NSW







The morning started with a beautiful sunrise. John flew off to China and I took the train to Gosford along the Central Coast via Hornsby to visit with John’s sister Dawn. Saw some beautiful scenery on the train from Hornsby to Gosford. Dawn met me at the train station and proceeded to drive around and show me some incredible views of the bays and ocean. We met her son, John for lunch and walked along the beach where we came across some fishermen who were in the process of cleaning their catch, a number of very good sized salmon which I understand from the fishermen put up quite a fight. A number of pelicans were hanging around hoping they would be fed and were but only the head and guts I think, didn’t stick around for that part. Thanks to Dawn, I had another wonderful day seeing another part of Australia. Tomorrow is an earlier start – off to view the Blue Mountains, go to a wildlife park, do a bushwalk, see the site of the 2000 Olympic Games and many more things. Tell you in my next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment